Services to Detect Plagiarism
Detection Software for CSU Stanislaus
- CSU Stanislaus now provides access to Turnitin.com, a
detection service for plagiarism. Student papers may be electronically submitted and compared to (1) a database
of student papers and (2) pages on the Internet/Web. An Originality Report is then received by the faculty member
indicating which sections (if any) of the paper have been plagiarized.
Other Detection Services
- "CopyCatch allows rapid checking of the work of a whole class or
group for the level of words shared by any pair."
EVE2 (Essay Verification Engine)
- "Accepts essays in plain text, Microsoft, Word, or Corel Word Perfect
format and returns links to Web pages from which a student may have plagiarized."
Glatt Plagiarism Services
- Provides three software programs: (1) Plagiarism Teaching Program, (2)
Screening Program, and (3) Self-Detection Program.
Moss (Measure of Software Similarity)
- Used for software plagiarism detection.
Plagiarism Resource Center (University of Virginia)
- Free software developed by Professor Bloomfield at the University of
WordCHECK KeyWORD Software
- WordCHECK RA (Research and Analysis Software). Available to individual
researcher and/or groups.